News & Information
Below are excellent links to resources for safety related information:
Work Health and Safety Regulators
WHS Professional Associations & Resources
- Safety Institute of Australia Inc.
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society of Australia
- Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists
- OHS Body of Knowledge
- Dropped Object Prevention Scheme
- NSW COP Managing the Risks of Plant in the Workplace
- NSW COP Moving Plant on Construction Sites
- SWA Workplace Traffic Management Guidance Material
- SWA COP Construction Work
- Vic Civil Construction Industry Standard
- Vic Prevention of Falls in Housing Construction (Code of Practice No.29, 2004)
Safety Due Diligence
Asbestos.com is a US based website and advocacy group that helps the victims of asbestos exposure and their loved ones. They connect visitors with the resources they need to understand and fight asbestos-related disease. They research the latest data about asbestos and asbestos-related diseases to ensure an accurate, up-to-date site, and maintain relationships with doctors and cancer centers to promote patient access to cutting-edge treatment.
The site also has a page dedicated to information related specifically to Mesothelioma in Australia.
Australia has the second-highest rate of mesothelioma deaths in the world, trailing only that of the United Kingdom. Mesothelioma, a rare cancer caused by asbestos exposure, is leaving its mark on the nation with more than 10,000 people succumbing to the disease since the early 1980s. According to cancer experts, an additional 25,000 people are expected to die from it over the next four decades. If you would like further information, please click on the link below: